Bandimere Speedway, located in Morrison, Colorado, is best known to drag racing fans as “Thunder Mountain,” its official National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) designation.
The quarter-mile drag strip draws fans from across the country, particularly when it hosts the NHRA Full Throttle Mopar Mile-High Nationals.
Bandimere holds more than 100 events throughout the year, including:
- drag races
- off road vehicle races through a rock course
- jet car races
- car shows (trucks, bikes, hot rods, muscle cars, tuners, and more)
- drag racing schools and classes
- auto parts and swap meets
On the grounds of Bandimere Speedway, there’s also a go kart track, that features go karts that reach speeds up to 55 mph.
Fun Facts About Bandimere Speedway:
- Bandimere Speedway has a staging area that’s downhill and a shut-down strip that’s uphill (for safety purposes).
- Bandimere Speedway can seat up to 23,500 people.
- Bandimere Speedway has a concrete surface.
- Because Bandimere Speedway is located at an elevation of 5,800 feet, the thin air makes the race cars go slower, not faster.
Location Of Bandimere Speedway:
Bandimere Speedway is located at 3051 South Rooney Road, in Morrison, Colorado.